Migros urban market and takeaway
Migros, one of Switzerland’s largest retail companies, has officially opened its newly refurbished store in Kreuzplatz in the heart of Zurich. Due to its busy location among multiple transport links, the project delivery required careful planning and a smooth process in order to avoid disruption.
The aim was to further develop the “Märt concept”, which has already been successfully introduced in Wollerau and Shopville Zurich. The plans also included a Migros takeaway by the entrance, service counters on the first floor and an Alnatura store on the lower floor.
The new building, with its striking facade bearing the Migros and Alnatura logos, not only livens up Kreuzplatz, but also doubles the sales space of the old store. Departments have been designed as “Frischeboxen” (Fresh boxes) and the use of high quality building materials create an authentic market atmosphere. In this central shopping destination, local residents will find fresh fruit and vegetables, crusty stone-baked bread, fine cheeses and a range of meats – in addition to a self-service fish counter. With additional staffed counters serving fresh meat, fish and cheese, along with customer support and a takeaway offering everything from pizza to a vegetarian buffet, Service is a top priority in this Kreuzplatz store, as is the integration of Alnatura, offering a wide range of seasonal and predominantly local organic produce.
- Large windows overlooking Kreuzplatz let plenty of daylight into the store
- Eye-catching light pillars and light boxes with seasonally adjustable graphics
- Wall art of a cow with the different beef cuts marked as point of attention
- 3D neon signs at counters and different departments to help customers with the navigation through the store
- “Special offer” blackboards made of wood and slate that enhance the market look
- High-quality materials such as real granite and wood on the walls, floors and furnishings
- Clearly visible Alnatura logo at the top of the escalator that make it easy for customers to find their way to the store
- Oversized Alnatura wall graphics in the corridor