Buyer - Canada (m/f/x)
Driven by the passion to design and build successful stores together with customers, we are one of the global leaders in store design - and have been for over 94 years.
Our expertise includes store design, branding, furniture design as well as in-house production for wood, metal and refrigerated furniture, assembly but also project management. Our unique design & build approach combines first-class design with precise implementation - all from a single source. In this way, we ensure that our design concept is implemented as intended. Together with our clients, we realize innovative concepts for award-winning stores around the world in the food and non-food sectors.
We are looking for new colleagues who want to pitch in, help think and design. Sounds interesting? Then apply now as
Buyer (m/f/x) Toronto
What can you expect?
- This position is responsible for procurement-related activities of key commodities and for outside suppliers.
- Negotiate and source materials/services (wood, metal, glass, plastic..) to achieve the best value proposition for the company giving corporate cost reduction and working capital objectives.
- Execute all necessary contract/ purchase order activities (approving, releasing, modifying, etc.) to support dynamic sourcing assignments with global and regional suppliers to achieve optimum value for the company.
- Maintain purchasing information, files, and records (e.g. Requests for proposal, purchase orders, vendor files, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional colleagues in plant locations worlwide, Engineering, IT, Sales & Marketing, Accounts Payable, and Supply Chain to resolve discrepancies and develop and implement solutions that offer efficiency and productivity gains for the company
Skills and attributes for success!
- Familiar with Purchasing and Contract negotiations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to summarize and communicate results clearly.
- Strong planning and organizational skills are required,
- Strong business skills are expected, including the ability to negotiate, understand general accounting procedures and perform cost analyses.
- Ability to lead and effectively participate in teams.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
What we offer.
- Long-term employment in a family-owned company with global operations
- An attractive salary & numerous other benefits (canteen, in-house travel management, etc.)
- A modern workplace and challenging tasks
- Excellent career and personal development programs
- An appealing and open working atmosphere as well as a great team
We offer good possibilities of development and the chance to be part of a fast growing, success-oriented enterprise.